Breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancer that affect a lot of women. The risk increases as a female get older. Age is the most important risk factor for breast cancer.
Treatments for older breast cancer patients need to be more careful in evaluating issues that could potentially affect a patient’s ability to undergo chemotherapy. When diagnosed, it is important to know that there are many types of breast cancer to determine the kind of treatment you should take.
As a provider of Home Care in Oakland, California, Aveida Home Care always prioritizes the well-being of our clients. To help them be aware of breast cancer, we list some of its common symptoms:
- Breast pain
- Swelling in all part of the breast
- Breast lump or tissue thickening that feels different than surrounding tissue and has developed recently
- Nipple discharge other than breast milk
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- Peeling, scaling, or flaking of skin on your nipple or breast
- A sudden, unexplained change in shape or size of the breast
- Inverted nipple
- Changes to the appearance of the skin on your breasts
- A lump or swelling under your arm
- And more
It is important that you consult a physician if you notice these symptoms on yourself or someone you know. Cancer can be fatal when it is left untreated, and early intervention can greatly improve the survivability of cancer patients.
Is your senior loved one suffering from breast cancer? Do you need the help of caregivers in California? At Aveida Home Care, we can provide non-medical home care for those who need assistance in their homes.
We can accompany them to their non-emergency medical appointments with their physicians. Our caregivers dedicate their time and effort in providing care. Rest assured that with us, your loved one is being well cared for.